Learning to lead a healthy lifestyle begins during the early years. Part of the Growing, Growing Strong series, this body care curriculum includes activities and background information to help children develop lifelong healthy habits. Children develop a sense of security and self-worth by becoming familiar with themselves, their home, and the world around them. This curriculum includes thirty-six activities that help children build connections with their community and foster positive feelings about health and safety personnel.
This book includes:
- An overview of the community and environment topics covered in the curriculum;
- Suggested interest area materials and supports for creating the learning environment;
- Learning objectives and vocabulary words;
- Suggestions for evaluating children's understanding of each community and environment topic;
- More than 30 classroom activities;
- Family information and take-home activities This is a fantastic resource for teaching a sensitive and extremely important early years curriculum component.