Children develop a sense of security and self-worth by becoming familiar with themselves, their home, and the world around them. This curriculum includes thirty-six activities that help children build connections with their community and foster positive feelings about health and safety personnel.
This book includes:
- An overview of the community and environment topics covered in the curriculum;
- Suggested interest area materials and supports for creating the learning environment;
- Learning objectives and vocabulary words;
- Suggestions for evaluating children's understanding of each community and environment topic;
- More than 30 classroom activities;
- Family information and take-home activities.